Author Topic: Some advice needed...  (Read 599 times)

GoldenUAV

• View Profile
Some advice needed...
« on: August 17, 2016, 08:59:39 PM »
So, I have a slight dilemma with the best friend of mine, who is a fellow 2A supporter. I recently found that he is trans, and as SHE begins HRT whether it would be fine if she can come to the gun range with me. I have no experience of what HRT can do to the body, so I'm not sure whether I should wait or not when she's feeling up to it. Thanks!

Branth

• View Profile
Re: Some advice needed...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:55:03 AM »
I think she would be the best person to ask about this.  I'm sure she'll let you know if she's not feeling up to a range visit.

To my knowledge, HRT does a number of pretty incredible things to the body, but none that would prevent you from safely handling a firearm.

I think the more relevant question would be whether or not she would feel comfortable there if she is visibly trans.

Piper_SanDiegoChapter

• View Profile
    • Pink Pistols San Diego
Re: Some advice needed...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »
So, I have a slight dilemma with the best friend of mine, who is a fellow 2A supporter. I recently found that he is trans, and as SHE begins HRT whether it would be fine if she can come to the gun range with me. I have no experience of what HRT can do to the body, so I'm not sure whether I should wait or not when she's feeling up to it. Thanks!

Transition itself can be soul crushing, anxiety inducing, depression inducing, etc

You are correct to question if it's a good idea to go shooting or not.

In my experience, the unstable trans individuals far outweigh the stable.

This is often not due to any fault of their own but rather normal human reactions to an unfortunately hostile and unaccepting world.

I would recommend caution, conversation, and careful observation of any red flags.