Author Topic: Another reason to conceal carry  (Read 912 times)

Douglas

• View Profile
Another reason to conceal carry
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:59:40 PM »
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/32814897/men-chant-black-lives-matter-before-viciously-attacking-white-victims

summary:  5 white guys out for a walk, minding their own business, attacked and beat up by 7 thugs (5 black, 2 white). 

think you have strength in numbers because you and 4 friends are walking together?

a closed fist, a glass bottle....both deadly weapons.

Indigodog

• New Hampshire Seacoast
    • View Profile
Re: Another reason to conceal carry
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
I had a buddy that he and two of his cousins were out on a day hike on deep woods trails when a group of dirt bike roughians came buzzing up the trail. They were quickly surrounded by the group that circled them and attempted to hit and kick them. My buddy happened to have a small chrome plated Smith & Wesson revolver holstered behind his day pack in the small of his back. One or more of the group noticed it as he displayed it pointing skyward and made a hasty retreat with the rest of the group following. They diverted off the main trail and took a smaller trail back to where they had left their car, wary of other people not wanting to bump into this group on or off of their motorcycles. His cousins hadn't known that he was packing a gun out on the trail but voiced that they were glad he had it with him after the fact.
His story told to me was the first time I had considered that it might be a good idea to be armed should trouble find me.
Life is an adventure. Make it awesome.

John

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »
Valid link I read yesterday.

Werz Waldeau

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
Valid link I read yesterday.

I don't doubt that it happened.  The circumstances smell suspicious.

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:39:33 PM »
I only know what I read in the news.

Or you could watch for knife wielding guys in Virginia.

Werz Waldeau

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 12:01:24 AM »
I only know what I read in the news.

Well, seven Canton boys in a residential neighborhood on the University of Akron campus chanting "Black Lives Matter" just doesn't track.

Plus, you can't carry concealed on the University of Akron campus, or any college or university campus in Ohio.

However, you can do this:

https://youtu.be/4W_2XaaAaXk