Author Topic: What about LBGTQ issues?  (Read 1366 times)

Superlite27

• View Profile
What about LBGTQ issues?
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:12:33 PM »
It might be odd for a straight guy to wonder about, but for a heterosexual male, I seem to be more concerned about LGBTQ issues than......well....LGBTQ folks, themselves.

The entire reason I joined this organization is my support of LGBTQ firearms ownership.

Firearms? Fine and dandy.

I can go to thousands of other places for firearms stuff. The High Road, Opencarry.org, AR15.com, Calguns, Glocktalk, this gun forum, that gun forum. There are literally 1000's of places I could go.

Yet, I'm here to offer input and support concerning LGBTQ firearms ownership.

Yes, I'm familiar with Blazing Sword. Yes, I still consider myself a firearms trainer, (Although my actual certs have expired.)  While I'd be interested in JOINING a local chapter of PP, I don't really feel, well, "qualified" to start one.

Yes, I know anyone can start a local chapter.

But shouldn't LGBTQ folks be the ones that actually give a shit more than we straight folks? Why even go through the trouble of forming a PP chapter when I can probably go to my local gun club and find a higher percentage of gay/trans/queer folks?

So, rather than focus on pro-gun/LGBTQ issues which is proving to be rather pointless, as it turns out.....

.....maybe it would be more "exciting" on countering ANTI-GUN/LGBTQ issues?

Anyone know of any GAG (Gays Against Guns) stuff to screw with? Meetings to disrupt? Propaganda to burn?

Maybe we straight folks can "infiltrate"? That would be a hoot! Wouldn't that be a gem? (Imagine rising through the ranks of GAG hierarchy, becoming a local "organizer", "grand poohbah", or whatnot.....only to reveal that you're really pro-2A...AND STRAIGHT, to boot!)

Jarrod Matham

• View Profile
Re: What about LBGTQ issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
Yes, I, for one am greatly concerned by the vast, unencumbered self-righteous lunacy that GAG has made. They're shutting down businesses, businesses they don't even use or patronize, but their self-righteous indignation over something they don't agree with is pervasive, intrusive and uncalled for. I am rather surprised by the inroads they have made so far in the name of all lgbtq since Orlando.

I, for one, do not believe in throwing a temper tantrum to get your way. Men who have integrity do not need to ascribe to such tactics.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caeser

Gwendolyn Patton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »
I'm a great believer in self-mastery instead of control over others. I don't get any sort of thrill or charge out of making others do things. I far prefer controlling MYSELF.

It's an odd thing about someone who masters themself. People look at them and know that they have their shit together, and follow where they lead. Not because someone made them afraid to do anything else, but because it just looks like the right direction to go in. That's how paths get started. Some person who wants to go that way instead of following the established path pushes down the grass and walks off in a new direction. Someone who thinks they know what they're doing, and wants to learn to feel the same confidence and self-assurance follows them, and the grass gets pushed down a bit more firmly. Then others follow, and the grass is worn away along that track, leaving bare earth. Then someone decides the mud when it rains is too difficult to walk on, and comes along with a wheelbarrow full of gravel, laying it down on the ground to make the way easier. Later, someone puts down planking on the gravel, and still later someone removes the rotting wood planks to replace them with stone slabs. As more and more take that path, someone decides to pave it with concrete. Then they need to widen it so more can travel in comfort. And soon there's a highway there...and the old path that once was the established way to travel is overgrown with grass and invisible.

I do not like telling others what to do. I go in a direction myself and hope that others will follow because they want to. In one day, almost 80 people have followed the path where I pushed down the grass. Maybe the gravel is next.

I don't like GaG's message. It seems sort of a knee-jerk reaction. Maybe we can call it the GaG reflex.

I am against people who want power over others. Criminals want power. Politicians want power. GaG wants power.

I don't want power. I want strength. Power comes from control over others. Strength comes from control over yourself.

With sufficient strength, no power in the world can touch who you truly are.

Jarrod Matham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:30:20 PM »
Well said, Gwen!

My mother is an absolute control freak. She must control everyone and everything. It has to her way. Holidays must confirm accordingly or the sky will fall.

My siblings and I inherited those controls issue as we came in adulthood, my brother being the worst - he has to approve of what kids wear, when they wear it and where the clothes come from. When go to Wal-Mart, they must dress correctly, or else, what would strangers they will never see again think. All of their clothes cannot be hand me downs or non-name brand. Mossimo from Target forget about - Structure, Abercrombie, Banana Republic.

I, however, have made it my life's goal not to be controlling. I hate what it does to me and controlling the situation or people is really not attactive. So, in that respect, I've broken free of the inherited need to control. And on this side of the looking glass, control freaks are everywhere and pervasive, Gay Idiots Against Guns being an extreme, sad example.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caeser

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:56:48 PM »
when i was a little kid, maybe 5 or so, my mom noted that i march to a different drummer.  always have.  scares some people, fascinates others.

i'm a live and let live. 

but if you want to learn how to shoot, i'll teach you what a i know.  for free.

Fiddy-One Gyrojet

• HIGH-IMPACT SEXUAL VIOLENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 06:13:38 AM »
I could go Revolver Ocelot on them and be a quadruple-reverse agent.   I used to be a bleeding heart anti so I know the rhetoric front to back.

Or, we could just go legit and counter them with respectful discourse, and prepare for all of the low blows that comes from ignoring their faction's rampant methodological errors which we'd bring to light at every turn.  The only fight you can win 100% is one that ends with a handshake, and without stressed vocal cords.

Jarrod Matham

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 08:46:39 AM »
I'm all for civil discourse, but Gays Against Guns are not interested in a discourse that does not align with their worldview enshrined within their warp bubble of reality.

sdrake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 06:32:02 PM »
I could go Revolver Ocelot on them and be a quadruple-reverse agent.   I used to be a bleeding heart anti so I know the rhetoric front to back.

Or, we could just go legit and counter them with respectful discourse, and prepare for all of the low blows that comes from ignoring their faction's rampant methodological errors which we'd bring to light at every turn.  The only fight you can win 100% is one that ends with a handshake, and without stressed vocal cords.

what made you change your mind on firearms?

Fiddy-One Gyrojet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
Getting jumped by gay bashers in high school, getting jumped again shortly afterwards, and the massive difference it made when I bought a pistol in a private sale on my 18th birthday to OC (AZ has constitutional carry).

Murderous hands around your neck tend to fan the flames of agency and self-sufficiency.  My safety has always been my responsibility, but I didn't always know that.

Indigodog

• New Hampshire Seacoast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 07:42:47 PM »
Getting jumped by gay bashers in high school, getting jumped again shortly afterwards, and the massive difference it made when I bought a pistol in a private sale on my 18th birthday to OC (AZ has constitutional carry).

Murderous hands around your neck tend to fan the flames of agency and self-sufficiency.  My safety has always been my responsibility, but I didn't always know that.
Glad you are a survivor and learned to preserve self first and friends second along with learning the tools to do so.
Life is an adventure. Make it awesome.

John

Fiddy-One Gyrojet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 04:31:48 AM »

Glad you are a survivor and learned to preserve self first and friends second along with learning the tools to do so.

It's a horrible fuckin' situation when the whole issue could be avoided if everyone was treated as horribly as you were.  How can we make progress when progress creates people to counter it?

Michael Jackson said it best - They'll kick you and they'll beat you then they'll tell you it's fair.  Those who aren't at the brunt of such struggles will never understand the terrible lengths one is brought to in hopes of preventing it from taking hold once more. 

I just want to be left alone.