Author Topic: Polymer80 Ghost Glock  (Read 425 times)

JohnB

• View Profile
Polymer80 Ghost Glock
« on: November 04, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
Been kicking around a possible winter project and these looked interesting:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/29/polymer80-spectre-80-frames-in-new-colors/

I know the first rule of 80% firearms is not to talk about 80% firearms but I'm probably on enough lists already to be free to talk about what I want. It certainly won't be a money saver to build my own. Browsing through Glock toy stores makes it clear that buying up separate parts to build the pistol I want isn't going to be cheap regardless of whether I stick to stock parts or throw some custom widgets in the mix.

This build would strictly be a range toy. I am not sure I want to trust one as a carry gun and I know my attorney would thank me for not using a ghost gun in the event a self defense situation required deadly force. So this would be just for the fun and experience of careful hand fitting plastic and steel into something that goes "Bang!" or something that goes "Pop" if I get a threaded barrel.

I may or may not know a guy who knows a guy who may have built a 80% AR but this would be a first venture into plastic pistol building.
Your vote is another cartridge in Liberty's rifle.

ChinashopRodeo

• View Profile
Re: Polymer80 Ghost Glock
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:41:31 PM »
Hank Strange and co have one that seems to work but yeah, range toy use only. This is the one you put "Smile! Wait For Flash" or the Boondock Saints family creed in latin on the slide or something.

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »
I'll be happy with a range toy and a handgun I can make exactly as I want it. Parts shopping is going to be the hard part, especially when my wallet tells me this will be a long term project and the price of Glock slides is equal to or considerably more than a brand new in the box complete pistol. Lucky for me, I can be the patient type and if I can wait for a tax stamp for my SBRs and cans, a few months saving pennies for pistol parts won't be too bad.

Greyven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:05:01 PM »
I say go for it. As you said, I may have heard about someone's sister's cousin's uncle who built an AR from them, and it may or may not have been really fun, and that person may have learned a lot.  :D

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »
I say go for it. As you said, I may have heard about someone's sister's cousin's uncle who built an AR from them, and it may or may not have been really fun, and that person may have learned a lot.  :D

Looks like the lack of an election panic and the free market are conspiring on the availability of Glock toys to make this a likely project. Seeing some sweet deals on slides. Let the learning begin!