Author Topic: Post Election Carry Habits  (Read 2071 times)

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Post Election Carry Habits
« on: November 11, 2016, 03:55:32 PM »
When I joined the forum I would conceal carry from time to time only as needed.
Since Trump was elected I've been carrying every day and everywhere. I no longer feel safe.
Things are already getting ugly. Has anyone else started carrying full time since Election Day?

ChinashopRodeo

• View Profile
Re: Post Election Carry Habits
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »
I've been carrying most of the time for awhile but now I've started carrying it chambered and ready.

I am a white male, of indeterminate redneckness, but I am as the kiddies put it, a Shit Lord and may be randomly attacked at, say, Wal-Mart.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 05:37:05 PM by ChinashopRodeo »

CaseyCameron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 03:06:17 PM »
This is the time to reexamine our personal situation.  Do we carry with certain pairs of jeans and not others? Do we carry only if we wear certain shirts or jackets that day? If our clothing is blocking half the days we carry, then do we then reexamine our outfits? Or perhaps do we reexamine our holster options?

I know people who are licensed CCW holders but don't carry much.  We should. So true, some of the stories of attacks by Trump supporters are fake but the fact remains some of the people that would do us harm are feeling a bit more courageous so I'd be looking out for my personal safety.

Just my .02.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 07:03:19 PM »
Since Trump was elected I've been carrying every day and everywhere. I no longer feel safe.
Things are already getting ugly. Has anyone else started carrying full time since Election Day?
I have always carried whenever it is practical to do so. 

Werz Waldeau

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:47:34 PM »
I carry every day and have done so for a long time.  After the election, I am less concerned about being deprived of the ability to do so.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 07:36:28 PM »
I carry every day and have done so for a long time.  After the election, I am less concerned about being deprived of the ability to do so.
Which is one of the main reasons I did not want Hillary Clinton to win.

HuckleberryFun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
I'm also relieved that my Second Amendment rights seem secure. Now I'm worrying about all the others...

Pax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
Wait, I'm confused, I'm on a board full of fellow queers and people are happy about that hateful bigoted thing that is going into the White House???  The one who stated multiple times "gay marriage, that's gone, we're done with that", the one who treats women like garbage and thinks it's okay to make fun of people with disabilities, the one who thinks people from Mexico are rapists and murderers... and a whole host of other horrific things, that guy, you're okay with that one?  If so, I am truly confused.

Werz Waldeau

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 11:18:13 AM »
Wait, I'm confused, I'm on a board full of fellow queers and people are happy about that hateful bigoted thing that is going into the White House???  The one who stated multiple times "gay marriage, that's gone, we're done with that", the one who treats women like garbage and thinks it's okay to make fun of people with disabilities, the one who thinks people from Mexico are rapists and murderers... and a whole host of other horrific things, that guy, you're okay with that one?  If so, I am truly confused.
Maybe I can help with that confusion:
  • There are cisgendered heterosexuals in this group, too.  It is inclusive and is comprised of all people who support LGBTQ rights and the right to keep and bear arms.
  • The LGBTQ community is not as politically monolithic as everyone has been led to believe.
  • The political rhetoric of the past election is not nearly as meaningful as many people want to believe, and it has been twisted by both sides.
  • An exact quote is: ďItís irrelevant because it was already settled. Itís law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean itís done."

HuckleberryFun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 12:14:36 PM »

Short answer: there are many libertarians, conservatives, and straights on this board.

Werz Waldeau

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 01:47:43 PM »

Short answer: there are many libertarians, conservatives, and straights on this board.

... and this forum was created to better control the divisive political chatter that was plaguing the Facebook page.

HuckleberryFun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »

... and this forum was created to better control the divisive political chatter that was plaguing the Facebook page.

Point taken.

CSACANNONEER

• View Profile
    • Join the NRA
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
I was carrying daily prior to the election but, now I am extra careful to not go into areas where the "tolerant" anti Trump protesters are destroying property and attacking people who look like they might have voted for Trump. I would hate to be in a situation where I felt my life was in danger due to these "peaceful protesters".

Pistol, rifle, shotgun, reloading and CCW Instructor

NRA memberships - click here to join or renew at a discounted rate

Branth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »
I'm carrying pretty much every day now, but it has more to do with my new job allowing CC than the election.  I do sometimes look at my little single-stack 9 and wonder if I should go back to my double-stack compact with the light/laser on it, though.  8 rounds of 9mm is nothing to sneeze at, but 18 rounds, a fuller grip, and a light and laser for low light is a far more capable package against your proverbial gang of miscreants.

sos24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »
I have carried everywhere legal for a couple years, but the election has made me carry more rounds more often because of more fear of the mob of protesters (whether Trump, BLM, etc) than single attacker.

Maybe I can help as a lesbian who believes in my 2A rights.  I refused to vote for either major candidate because both major party's candidates were deliberately and forcefully attacking things I believe strongly in. For many who voted for a major party candidate, it comes down to whose personality you dislike more or who do you believe will be able to do the most harm, then vote against them.  It is a matter of which issue(s) matter most and who will actually be able to do more harm,  Some people thoroughly believe Hillary Clinton would have done more harm, starting with taking away as many gun rights as possible.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:28:40 PM by sos24 »