Author Topic: Hello From North Carolina  (Read 640 times)

Freedom

• View Profile
Hello From North Carolina
« on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:09 PM »
Hi all. I am a 49 year old lesbian in NC who has never shot a gun but has, for some time now, wanted to learn how to use one and acquire a weapon but has put it off as being not-so-important.  I no longer feel safe in my own nation. Regretfully. I was surprised to see that there are no chapters of yours in Western NC. Are there any places you recommend learning to shoot and/or otherwise defend oneself in my area? Asheville, specifically.  A friend of mine just had all of her chickens strung up and killed on her own damned property by someone.  The timing is too sketchy to be a coincidence.

I think it is time I stopped being namby-pamby and learn to defend myself. I hate the idea of violence but I will NOT be threatened in my own home, if it comes to that. Thank you for your help.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Oregon, but I'm sure that there are members closer to you that can point you in the right direction. I'm troubled to hear of what happened to your friend.
Deciding not to allow yourself to be a victim is a big deal. Good for you.

Freedom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 05:27:39 PM »
Thanks, Huckleberry.  I'll keep an eye our for info from fellow members. I hope you're well.

Freedom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »
Also amazing to see how many people have introduced themselves as new in this area of the forum. 

Indigodog

• New Hampshire Seacoast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »
Freedom ... I like the sound of that.. Welcome to the forum Freedom.
Life is an adventure. Make it awesome.

John

onemooresam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 10:42:46 PM »
Hi there!  I'm a 46-y/o gay man in Greensboro, NC.  Just joined here a few minutes ago.  I don't know if they're active, but there's an Asheville chapter listed on the site with a Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinkpistolsasheville.  I've requested to join the Facebook group.

CarlMillerPhotos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:41 PM »
Hi!

Don't know if you've found anyone close yet, but I'm in the Charlotte area. Brand new to this group, and no professional instructor or anything, but I've been shooting since 1987. I'm also a straight male, but we're here to talk guns, so that doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you.  :)