Author Topic: Finally a Great Hunting TV Show  (Read 451 times)

diane123

• View Profile
Finally a Great Hunting TV Show
« on: November 13, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »
I have been looking for a decent TV show about hunting and shooting for quite a while. To be honest most out there are really quite disappointing. The hosts and guests were pretty stereo typically badly behaved straight white guys who turn into alpha baboons whenever they shoot a target or animal.

Last month I found Meat Eater. http://www.themeateater.com

I really enjoyed the show and I'm looking forward to more episodes. On this show, our host Steve Rinella is well read and articulate. He is respectful of animals and nature. He encourages viewers to get into nature to experience its' beauty and bounty. Women are encouraged to join in as equals.

"Sharing" the love and skills of hunting is a big message of the show. The show is more about the activities of hunting than the guns. Steve shares recipes and processing tips.

Check it out.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Re: Finally a Great Hunting TV Show
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »
Interesting.Thanks for the link.

b79holmes

• View Profile
Re: Finally a Great Hunting TV Show
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
I am not much of a hunter but those shows are almost all reality TV infomercials.  The endless generic deer hunts are incredible boring.

On the Outdoor channel I think the best is Jim Shockey.  Ivan Carter who is a professional hunter in Africa does some amazing shows on the interactions between wildlife and the people who live with them.

I can watch Chris Dorsey, Tony Makris  and a few others but reality TV is what it is.

B