Author Topic: G43 - thoughts on owning one for CCW?  (Read 577 times)

CyNerd

• View Profile
G43 - thoughts on owning one for CCW?
« on: November 27, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
Hey all,

I'm looking for a new concealed carry weapon, and am thinking about a G43. Anyone have one that can give me ideas, plusses, minuses, etc?

Thanks!

CSACANNONEER

• View Profile
    • Join the NRA
Re: G43 - thoughts on owning one for CCW?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
Firearms are like footwear, they fit people differently. You should go shoot one and see how well it fits you and how well you can shoot it. Personally, I'm not a big Glock guy so, I'll stick to my Shield for an EDC but, that's my personal preference. In the end, what do you want to be carrying if you need to use it? The answer should be: the gun you shoot best. Most people don't shoot small guns "the best". It'll be up to you to decide if you can shoot a G43 well enough to feel comfortable trusting your life on it.

Pistol, rifle, shotgun, reloading and CCW Instructor

NRA memberships - click here to join or renew at a discounted rate

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
To second that, I thought the Shield was a bit snappier then the 43.   I had already turned in the paperwork in NYC for the 43 but discovered a Sig 938.  Of course the Glock was a bit less $ as well but I think the Sig is worth checking out.

MGG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »
Excellent info here.

And I do reiterate go test fire.  Go test fire a few different models.

Food for thought.......if you go "test drive" the 43 then try the 26, if you wish to stay with the Glock platform.  I say this because the the difference between the two grips may or may not be worth the capacity penalty of the 43.

I have small hands.  I just put a G26 into waiting period BUT my duty secondary is a Glock 22, so I am used to shooting with the full size Glock grip width and depth.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:02:33 PM by MGG »

BuddhaFett

• Mando'ad draar digu aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:28:31 AM »
I own a 938 and have had issues with a second round being partially removed from the mag so you have to force the magazine out.  SIG claims it is an ammo problem and won't do anything.
Quote from: James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.