Author Topic: #GTF in Greensboro, NC  (Read 465 times)

onemooresam

• View Profile
#GTF in Greensboro, NC
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:38:15 PM »
Hey there!  I'm Sam Moore, a 46-y/o gay guy in Greensboro, NC.  I grew up with long guns, but haven't shot one since I was preteens.  I shot handguns once at an indoor range about 15 years ago.  I liked it, but it was too expensive for me at the time and I also wasn't living life too well then and wouldn't let myself consider owning one.

Fast forward to recent increases in hate crimes and uncertainty of how the people who commit them will behave now that they are no longer cowed by shame.  I took a handgun safety & marksmanship class mid-November.  I got a membership at my local indoor range and rented guns from them to try out different platforms and calibers.  I took a concealed carry class this past weekend and have scheduled my application appointment for early January.  After much research, I purchased by first handgun this afternoon, a Springfield XD Mod.2 subcompact 9mm.

Now I'm here to meet y'all and learn what I can here.  I've also requested to join Asheville's Facebook group (my nearest chapter). 

I've been very open about this process, publicly posting on Facebook about each step.  Several LGBTQ friends here have expressed support and/or interest.  I could very much see an open LGBTQ gun expert being of great service here, helping to educate and bring together likeminded others.  If that person isn't already here (and they may be), then I'm willing to try to be that person when my training and skills are at the needed level.

Happy to meet y'all!  I hope to meet some of you in person, too.  :)

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Re: #GTF in Greensboro, NC
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:45:32 AM »
That's great! Welcome!