Author Topic: Unbelievable Video  (Read 1278 times)

gerhard1

• View Profile
Unbelievable Video
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:29:46 PM »
Not good at all.  I am disabled myself, but this was still grossly unsafe.

https://www.facebook.com/chris3doorsdown/videos/347565185626737/

Some of you might have seen it already.  If you have, please bear with me, as this a perfect example of what NOT to do.

MGG

• View Profile
Re: Unbelievable Video
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:21:16 PM »
Plus an unrealistic simulation?  Someone is going to push him along while he hammers down a target?

Prior to the wheel chair issue, shooters were getting way to uneven on the line.  We don't run that with any more than one handler per two shooters for a line.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
Plus an unrealistic simulation?  Someone is going to push him along while he hammers down a target?

Prior to the wheel chair issue, shooters were getting way to uneven on the line.  We don't run that with any more than one handler per two shooters for a line.
At my range one person shoots at a time. 

MGG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 01:30:40 AM »
As it should be, at a public range, in a lane firing arrangement. 

CSACANNONEER

• View Profile
    • Join the NRA
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »
There are getting to be more and more of these tacticool classes which are attended and taught by tactifool mall ninjas. This is just one more example of poor firearms handling and not following the simplest firearms safety rules.
Pistol, rifle, shotgun, reloading and CCW Instructor

NRA memberships - click here to join or renew at a discounted rate

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:31:05 AM »
As it should be, at a public range, in a lane firing arrangement.
I own my range.

Just FTR, to the best of my knowledge, the owner of this school has yet to say anything about this. We have to be careful with his not responding and not necessarily use it against him, but if it was not his outfit (and it is stated on facebook that it is his outfit in the video) why does he not say that his company was not involved?

By this time, he surely knows about the facebook video.

Just a thought. Any ideas?

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 03:08:33 PM »
i have not had the pleasure of attending one of these training classes, i'm largely self taught.  i have been shooting IDPA for the last 2+ years, and that's forced me to learn some new skills too.

but from reading various course descriptions, they all seem to plan to talk to you for extended time periods and then to have you try various drills on the range.  very few promise that you will improve your skill that day, which makes sense, as you only get better with more practice on your own (like doing math homework).

so i like hitting the range as much as anyone, but i'm not sold on spending hundreds of dollars to either be taught something i already know (how to draw, shoot on the move, shoot from cover...) or to be taught something that i can't possibly do (like draw and fire 6 shots on target in under 3 seconds, i'm too old for that trick).

and i certainly would hope that I would immediately pack my bag and leave if i saw something like that at a class.  y'all have fun, i'm going home so i won't get shot here.

nfin8orbit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »
Jesus. Stupid. What was the backstop? The other shooters? Not to mention that it was rocky and his arm was extended without proper support rolling over an uneven surface AND it defeats the intended aim of the exercise to move and shoot. That was harrowing.