Author Topic: Hello from Portland, OR  (Read 742 times)

Lisanna

• View Profile
Hello from Portland, OR
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:19:19 AM »
My boyfriends told me about Pink Pistols and oh god what a perfect group! I've been leery of getting too involved in LGBT groups in general since my alternative views on a lot of things, guns included, would probably not make me very compatible with them. I need to get out and meet new people though, and this group looks like a great way to do it!

GUNS: I own a Sig P229, incredibly happy with it. Boyfriend owns a Mosin Nagant, other boyfriend owns all sorts of odd firearms. I didn't grow up with guns, I've only started shooting recently.

Gross personal details that I promise will only be posted here, unless the context demands it: Bi, poly, MtF trans. Pronouns are I/D/GAF

I'm a software engineer at Intel, and live in Hillsboro, OR. Hobbies are shooting, programming, martial arts, and going outside.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Portland, OR
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
Hi, Lisanna! I'm also in Portland. Welcome to the forum!

Lisanna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:47:06 AM »
Oh that's great! Do you guys have regular meetups / shooting trips?

HuckleberryFun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:28:10 PM »
There is a Portland chapter of PP that meets up a few times a year. They are active on Facebook.
(I'm not on Facebook anymore.)

Lisanna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 07:25:04 PM »
I can't seem to find any such Portland Pink Pistols group on Facebook.  The main PP website directs me to a Yahoo group, but no one seems to be home ):

It's too bad they only meet several times per year. Organized regular shoots sound like it'd be a fun thing.

HuckleberryFun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 10:28:25 AM »
I can't seem to find any such Portland Pink Pistols group on Facebook.  The main PP website directs me to a Yahoo group, but no one seems to be home ):

It's too bad they only meet several times per year. Organized regular shoots sound like it'd be a fun thing.

I'm allowed up to four guests at the members-only range I recently joined.
Once the weather clears maybe we can get something organized.