Author Topic: Canceled due to weather. Next NYC/NJ range night Tue 3/14  (Read 313 times)

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
Canceled due to weather. Next NYC/NJ range night Tue 3/14
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi all,

Next NYC range night is Tuesday March 14th. 

I'm trying to plan range trips on a monthly basis.  I'll be driving my car, can take 4 people with.  Leaving and returning to/from Upper East Side (between 86th and 96th st stop on the 4,5 or 6 trains)in Manhattan at 4:45 heading to Gun For Hire in NJ where ANYONE CAN SHOOT a handgun. (Www.gunforhire.com for more info).  First time shooters or experienced welcome.

If you're in NJ feel free to meet up! Let me know.

We go to a vegetarian Chinese restaurant afterwards for a quick meal and then home.

I pay for gas and tolls and don't charge for my time.  FWIW I am an NRA certified instructor.

All other costs are shared and prices are discounted at my membership rates. I'm not 100% sure but I believe we will be getting a discount on our rental and my member rates for sure on ammo, (must use their ammo in their rental), and a $10 range fee.  I have some eye and ear protection to lend but we may have to rent a pair.

Please message me or reply here for more details. If you are in NJ or just want to meet us there please also let me know.

The only thing I ask is that if you commit you show up and be on time.

There is no Pink Pistols NYC chapter.  I'm just trying to introduce more people to shooting.

Also, mark your calendar.  Tony Simon's Diversity Shoot is on 4/6 at GFH and I'll be going to that. Last shoot had 60 or so shooters and instructors.

Thanks.

Marty
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:21:21 PM by VeganPilotMarty »

Sergal

• View Profile
Re: Next NYC/NJ range night Tue 3/14
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:53 AM »
Never been to GFH but I've heard good things about it.  Just got a question, if I bring my own gun, can I bring my own ammo?  I don't really see that clarified well on their website.

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:54:54 AM »
You should call them to be sure since I'm not a lawyer.  I do see oeople with their own ammo for their own guns fwiw.
Are you a nj resident?

Sergal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 12:02:32 PM »
Ya im in NJ.  I'll call and ask just to check it out but theyre pretty far north from me so not totally sure i would be able to make it anyway.

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 08:13:36 AM »
I hope you decide to check it out and join us.
Let me know if I should look for you.

AlexTheSane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 03:59:19 PM »
Ya im in NJ.  I'll call and ask just to check it out but theyre pretty far north from me so not totally sure i would be able to make it anyway.

Yes, you can bring your own ammo for your own guns.

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
Snow alert. Re: Next NYC/NJ range night Tue 3/14
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:52:03 AM »
Not to be the nervous Nelly but we may be canceling Tuesday's evening at the range due to the blizzard.  Poor reason I know but stay tuned.

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
Re: Canceled due to weather. Next NYC/NJ range night Tue 3/14
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
Well, I'm giving up.  With the wweather what it is it doesnt make sense to slog out to Jersey today. We'll reschedule for either the 21st or 28th.
Marty

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:31 PM »
Canceled due to blizzard. Wimps.  ;)

VeganPilotMarty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 12:58:14 PM »
I know right, I was afraid the range would be closed.