Author Topic: howdy from Texas  (Read 483 times)

GeoBof

• View Profile
howdy from Texas
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
I'm Geo from Austin TX, retired FFL, concealed carry holder. Happy to advise on gun purchases, gun safety, defensive shooting.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
Re: howdy from Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »
Welcome!

RoseJRcarbine 9mm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:28:03 AM »
Hello, I am a trans woman and while I have found an excellent LGBTQ friendly gun store here in the Austin area (Central Tx Gun Works on w Ben White Blvd). I am in search of an LGBTQ (specifically the L and T parts of that) friendly gun range here in town. After all you could have the most bada** guns in the world but unless you train and practice ,they are just pretty hunks of metal or worse: more a danger to you than to an attacker, S i am hoping to find a friendly supportive environment where I can cycle some rounds through my Mossberg  590A1L, Glock 19, SCCY CXP-1, or my JRC 9mm takedown, without fear of confrontation over my appearance not (yet) matching my legal identification.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:39:25 AM by RoseJRcarbine 9mm »

HISSETH

• Vets, Guns, Bear Pride, NFL, G.o.T., Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:23:38 AM »
Hey Rose;
I work for the VA. Now that Trans are accepted by the military, you might try affiliating with the VFW or American Legion. You do not have to be a veteran to do this. If any of your close relatives served in the military, you may be eligible. Work your way into the Auxiliary (or if you are a vet, into the membership). You spend money there and volunteer to help with fund raisers and functions, pretty soon you are part of the family. Meanwhile, most vets have guns and access to ranges. i am gay. I walked into a redneck VFW and introduced my husband. The Post Commander and several other member shook our hands. Next think I knew, they were electing me as their chaplain. And the past Post Commander, who retired as a 35 year cop, Marine and Army veteran, asked me about getting a Pink Pistol chapter started in my valley. So my advice is, let veterans get to know you as a person, and then ask them to talk to you about guns....really....they won't shut up about them....the really hard part is getting them to stop talking about their guns. Good luck.
HISSETH
Defend those who will not defend themselves.