Author Topic: Pro-LGBT Political Activism  (Read 444 times)

Viktyr Gehrig

• View Profile
Pro-LGBT Political Activism
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »
I am your classic straight OFWG, but I'd like to consider myself an ally of the LGBT community. I'm armed, but I'm not a qualified an instructor and I can't afford to take people to the range. I wear a safety pin and I take it as a deadly serious responsibility,  but I reckon my best avenue to support the lives and liberty of sexual minorities is political.

Today, I unsubscribed from correspondence from Equality PAC because they asked me to give them money to support gun control. I do not understand what supporting liberty for the LGBT community has to do with sending the State's gunthugs to murder me in my own home, but no matter how much I support the former I certainly cannot support the latter.

Since the purpose of this group is practical self-defense for sexual minorities, I haven't gotten involved before-- but I was hoping that members of this group could turn me onto political organizations that will allow me to promote, again, the life and liberty of sexual minorities without supporting people who wish to deprive me of my own life and liberty.

Is there such a thing?

Booger Hooked Bang Switch

• View Profile
Re: Pro-LGBT Political Activism
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 09:38:30 PM »
Hello from Utah!
It's a sad state of affairs when people championing freedom, equality and equal protection under the law want to reduce every individual's ability to protect themselves when the law fails, but that has somehow become the modern left. I'll suggest you do a quick Google of The Liberal Gun Club, they're the closest thing to what you've described that I've ever found, though I do hope you'll stick around on this forum all the same.

Viktyr Gehrig

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
My membership with the LGC is about to expire, though I'll be reinstating it soon.

I'm not looking for pro-gun groups, though. Got plenty of those. I'm looking for groups that explicitly advocate and lobby for LGBT rights as their primary purpose... that I can trust not to spend money I donate to them on attacking my civil rights.

Wolfy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:05:33 PM »
Also stay away from human rights campaign. Other than that it really depends on where you live and what you believe. I like no justice no pride, but thats me.