Author Topic: Does this accurately represent the position of Pink Pistols?  (Read 592 times)

AINO

• View Profile
Hi folks,

I've been getting involved with my local pink pistols chapter, and a friend pointed me to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4oRjoaEl0I of a recent rally where a representative of pink pistols had a few things to say.

Does this represent the position of Pink Pistols?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:26:08 PM by AINO »

Booger Hooked Bang Switch

• View Profile
Re: Does this accurately represent the position of Pink Pistols?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »
Ha! He sounds a little crazy towards the end.

Booger Hooked Bang Switch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:49 PM »
I expected this to get more of a response, but no, it does not. The Pink Pistols is laid out to be apolitical, it's goal it to teach legal self defense, with a focus sexual minorities. That includes the carrying and justified use of guns where it is allowed. Endorsing Donald Trump or any other politician is outside of the boundaries of what an individual should be doing in an "official" capacity as a member, as the Pink Pistols is a one issue entity.

Check out the Pink Pistols Utility Manual, here's a quote:
The Pink Pistols is a “single-­issue” organization. This means that we have ONE, and only
ONE, issue that lies at the core of our motivations and actions. Our National website at
http://pinkpistols.org states it this way:

“We are dedicated to the legal, safe, and responsible use of firearms for
self­defense of the sexual­minority community. We no longer believe it is
the right of those who hate and fear gay, lesbian, bi, trans, or polyamorous
persons to use us as targets for their rage. Self­defense is our RIGHT.”

To this end, we do what is necessary to properly and responsibly advocate firearm use,
and as said before, we engage in public outreach to make plain our armed status. We
also lend our voice, when appropriate, to issues that assist our mission. Clearly, if a
jurisdiction bans firearms, or certain kinds of firearms, or makes it difficult or impossible
to carry them, it is difficult to properly advocate lawful firearm use in that jurisdiction.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »
I saw that clip a while ago and was disturbed by it, to be honest.
But, as has been said, Pink Pistols is a single issue 2A organization and there is a broad spectrum of beliefs here. As long as you are on board with the notion that LGBTQ people should have access to guns for self-defense and know how to use them then that is all it takes to be a member of Pink Pistols besides declaring yourself a member. I think I got that right: Gwen can chime in to modify/tweak the above if needed.  ;)

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
I saw that clip a while ago and was disturbed by it, to be honest.
But, as has been said, Pink Pistols is a single issue 2A organization and there is a broad spectrum of beliefs here. As long as you are on board with the notion that LGBTQ people should have access to guns for self-defense and know how to use them then that is all it takes to be a member of Pink Pistols besides declaring yourself a member. I think I got that right: Gwen can chime in to modify/tweak the above if needed.  ;)
I'm definitely on board with this. And not only the LGBTQ folks here but anyone who is not legally disqualified (felons, etc.) has the right to have firearms for self-defense, but all other lawful purposes.   

This is why I am in this group.  In supporting your right to self-defense, am I not also supporting everyone's rights to the same? 

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:00:54 AM »
You are indeed, gerhard1, and thank you.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 05:44:30 PM »
You are indeed, gerhard1, and thank you.
It is my pleasure, believe me. I just wish that more people would take me up on my offer of a place to practice.