Author Topic: GAY VET in CA  (Read 291 times)

HISSETH

• Vets, Guns, Bear Pride, NFL, G.o.T., Survivor
    • View Profile
GAY VET in CA
« on: June 04, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »
Hey guys and gals;
Hello from California. It is next to impossible to get a CCW here. One County Sheriff makes the decision for every applicant in the county, complete with a one-on-one interview. 58 Counties and 40 million Californians. The only time I am allowed to carry is driving to and from a gun range, with gun lock, in a locked case, out of reach (trunk or behind seat of a two-seat truck, with bullets in a separate container. 10 day waiting period for every gun purchase (Rifle or handgun), and next year, every purchase of bullets will be checked against a DOJ Database, like buying nasal decongestant capsules at the drug store. AND YET, we are not as strict as Illinois or New York. Please. If you want to shoot, learn how to clean weapons, or talk about how NOT to be a victim, feel free to email. Semper Fi, HOOYA, and "Have a fine Navy Day" to all my fellow vets out there. (I didn't forget Air Force....I just didn't serve in the Air Force). "Aim small. Miss small." HISSETH. P.S. Happy Bear Pride!
Defend those who will not defend themselves.

Booger Hooked Bang Switch

• View Profile
Re: GAY VET in CA
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
Semper Fi, HOOYA, and "Have a fine Navy Day"
Damn, you served a hat trick of branches? How'd you manage that?

I know the rule is that you must apply in the county you live in, but my understanding is that the sheriff of Sacramento County changed policies to "shall issue" because he didn't want to deal with a law suit, have you tried to sneak one under the radar and apply from the Sherriff of Sacramento? If not, you could always move there for a month and then move back to where ever you live...

CSACANNONEER

• View Profile
    • Join the NRA
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:25:42 PM »
They take a while to get but, most counties in CA will issue. I'm one of many approved CCW Instructors for Ventura County.
Pistol, rifle, shotgun, reloading and CCW Instructor

NRA memberships - click here to join or renew at a discounted rate

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Gay vet here too. Just one branch though: HOOAH!

stephen_r_mills@comcast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:16 AM »
Dear HisSeth,
Thank you for your service to our nation and for the summary of draconian regulations/laws we endure in this strange state of California.

Stephen