Author Topic: Friendly Dealers  (Read 91 times)

Beaarthur5

• View Profile
Friendly Dealers
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »
Hi all. I'm looking to buy a gun for home protection and have gotten some good advice and practice at my local range. I'm wondering if folks can recommend some LGBT friendly (?Online) dealers. everytime I do an internet search I get completely turned off my the rhetoric on most sites. thanks

Douglas

• View Profile
Re: Friendly Dealers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
visit your local gun shop?

online gun stores are pretty much extensions of brick and mortar gun shops. 

not sure what  you expect to find online.  you'll still need a local shop to have your selected gun sent to for transfer.  and there are fees for this service.  or you could just visit your local gun shop, see what they have in hand, and if they do not have what you are looking for, i'll bet they will order it for you.

Beaarthur5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:05:11 AM »
Sorry if I wasn't specific. what I meant is: how does one buy a gun and ammo and find a shooting range without directly supporting the NRA as gun manufacturers and most ranges give the NRA a % of their profits and I'm not interested in supporting the racist, homophobic, misogynist agenda of NRA, not even a little bit.

HuckleberryFun

• I'm your Huckleberry. That's just my game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
As far as ranges go, there will almost always be one or more non-membership "pay as you go" ranges in your area. Gun shops each have their own "vibe," with some being manned by hard-core overtly conservative "Red Hats" and others being apolitical: just look around. Or else join an online gun forum like the Liberal Gun Club or a online service like Gunbroker.com and buy used directly from another gun owner.

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 10:39:51 AM »
Sorry if I wasn't specific. what I meant is: how does one buy a gun and ammo and find a shooting range without directly supporting the NRA as gun manufacturers and most ranges give the NRA a % of their profits and I'm not interested in supporting the racist, homophobic, misogynist agenda of NRA, not even a little bit.

i'm tired of this.

i'm a lifetime NRA member, have offered my free services on Operation Blazing Sword, and am not any of the smears you list above.

you cannot provide a single example of the NRA doing any of the above things.  the NRA does not discriminate based on race, based on sexual orientation, based on gender.  it doesn't exist.  so if you are looking for a non-NRA NRA, maybe you should start one and see how things go.

as for gun makers, gun shops, and ranges giving the NRA some percentage of their profits, people are free to do what they want with their money.  the NRA does not tax their members or gun makers or gun shops or ranges.  free people freely give what they want to causes they support.  just as you give money to things you support.

my offer stands:  if you want to learn the basics of shooting a pistol, i'll take you to the range free.  but i'm tired of being called things that I am not.

you will have a tough time in life beginning a conversation with someone else by insulting them with no basis.

in every gun shop I've ever been to, they want to sell you guns and gear that you want.  that's it.  they don't care how you are dressed, what you think, what you do outside of the gun shop.  do you have the same attitude when you shop for groceries?

end of rant.  good luck in your search for a good gun and gear.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:42:08 AM by Douglas »

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 07:37:33 PM »

i'm tired of this.

i'm a lifetime NRA member, have offered my free services on Operation Blazing Sword, and am not any of the smears you list above.

you cannot provide a single example of the NRA doing any of the above things.  the NRA does not discriminate based on race, based on sexual orientation, based on gender.  it doesn't exist.  so if you are looking for a non-NRA NRA, maybe you should start one and see how things go.

as for gun makers, gun shops, and ranges giving the NRA some percentage of their profits, people are free to do what they want with their money.  the NRA does not tax their members or gun makers or gun shops or ranges.  free people freely give what they want to causes they support.  just as you give money to things you support.

my offer stands:  if you want to learn the basics of shooting a pistol, i'll take you to the range free.  but i'm tired of being called things that I am not.

you will have a tough time in life beginning a conversation with someone else by insulting them with no basis.

in every gun shop I've ever been to, they want to sell you guns and gear that you want.  that's it.  they don't care how you are dressed, what you think, what you do outside of the gun shop.  do you have the same attitude when you shop for groceries?

end of rant.  good luck in your search for a good gun and gear.
Agreed 100%. I don't see any of these things in the NRA.

To the OP, what evidence do you have to support what you say?

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:11 AM »
after 3 days, likely none.

but throwing around insults and smears with no basis in fact is easy, lets you be part of the "cool" crowd, and requires no facts or reason or thought.

i'm shooting a match tomorrow.  anyone else hitting the range?

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:27 PM »
after 3 days, likely none.

but throwing around insults and smears with no basis in fact is easy, lets you be part of the "cool" crowd, and requires no facts or reason or thought.

i'm shooting a match tomorrow.  anyone else hitting the range?
I wonder how that is being cool.  Probably the same way that a person who has never met me says quite dogmatically on the Kansas forum that I'd be better if I used his choice of 'efficient' equipment.

I'm shooting my Walther PPK/s a lot more now that we can get 22 rounds, so I might.  It depends on what the weather does.  Nothing formal, you understand;  I just have a few pizza boxes that need killing. I got back home a few minutes ago from Stilllwater where I had lunch with my girlfriend and her mom, and stopped at the WallyWord in Ponca City, picking up 1,000 rounds.

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »
monthly IDPA match (well first of 2 this month), shooting my 92G Beretta 9mm.  sweet pistol.

i've never been cool.  always sounded like you had to give up part of yourself to fit into their idea of "right".  that sounded wrong.

Richadeto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »
Excellent, never seen before.