Author Topic: LGBT anti-gun rally DC Aug 13 - anything being organized to counter?  (Read 1590 times)

danielle

• View Profile
Hi,

I came across this rally - it's really a conglomeration of groups with anti-gun agendas but it's being billed as an LGBT rights and gun control rally.  I was wondering if Pink Pistols is aware of this new movement "disarm hate" and if any counter rally or event will take place?  Seems that with all the coverage Pink Pistols got after Orlando, the anti-gun movement is trying to steal the narrative.

http://www.disarmhate2016.info

Thanks,
Danielle

BuddhaFett

• Mando'ad draar digu aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • View Profile
Re: LGBT anti-gun rally DC Aug 13 - anything being organized to counter?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:36:27 AM »
How can it be about LGBT rights if in the same sentence they want to take away our rights?
Quote from: James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:43:40 AM »
Just passed the info along to the Maryland Shooters forum.
Anyone have any contacts on the Virginia side? Maybe with the VCDL?
Your vote is another cartridge in Liberty's rifle.

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:04 AM »
Looks like there will be a contingent of counter protesters from the MDShooters forum.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197418

This group is experienced at carrying out respectful counter-protest in a potentially hostile environment. They carried out a successful counter to the recent Code Pink action at the NRA headquarters. We started the Patriot Picket during the last session of the MD General Assembly and were a part of the effort put forth to squelch every single anti-gun rights bill.

From a recent post in the MDShooters thread:

This event would be a classic showcase/showdown for Pink Pistols, and they, in fact, may be all ready to go with a crew + signage.

But my instincts tell me no, they will not participate unless they have allies--like the good folks here at MDshooters. I am certainly going to try to see if they would agree to form an alliance. They are not an easy group to contact but we will give it our best. Often they don't provide public contact info, so I believe our best pathway is to find the range(s) where Pink Pistols stages their events and ask management to convey our contact info.

I am reposting significant Patriot Picket/Vigil pictures here and everyone is free to post them or share them with any Pink Pistols sites and/or reps you can locate.

Our message to PP: join with us, and know that we have done this before and that we know the ropes. We are natural allies and welcome the opportunity to stand with you starting at 11am on August 13th in DC

We will bring our very-well-received "In Memory of the Orlando 49" placards, along with open hearts and minds, and our other appropriate signs.

This is a PATRIOT PICKET CALL OUT TO BE IN WEST POTOMAC PARK, DC, ON SATURDAY MORNING, AUGUST 13TH AT 11AM TO CHANGE SOME ATTITUDES AND CHANGE SOME MINDS.

Just say "I'm in" and we will figure out some ride-share/car pool arrangements between now and then.

Its always an honor to stand with you.

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 11:28:32 AM »
MDShooters Patriot Picket during the Vigil for Orlando at NRA Headquarters on June 20, 2016.

HarleyBeemer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
Thanks JohnB for posting up about the MDShooters Patriot Picket.

As a veteran Patriot Picket member I would also like to extend the invitation to come join us on the 13th. We will have plenty of signs, with some new ones being created just for this event, and flags to hold.

Here are some pics from past Pickets to give you a taste of what we do and how it looks:

At the US Capitol 5 July

At the NRA HQ 20 June

And the last one we crashed the Democratic National Convention

We always get the 2A message out there and we definitely attract the media. We were interviewed on Fox News at the DNC in Philly and got the reporter to have her picture taken with us.

Hoping to meet a lot of you guys and gals on the 13th.

dblas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
I am working to be there, with the guys from the Patriot Picket.

Gwendolyn Patton

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 12:07:14 AM »
Unfortunately, I can't be there. I don't travel much due to my disability. But if anyone else wants to go, that would probably be a very good thing. Just stay safe!

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »
Some photos and an after action report in the last pages of the MDShooters thread:
https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197646

It seems the anticipated crowd of 10,000 attendees was a little short... by about 9, 700.

In an ironic touch, one of the photos used by the "Disarm Hate" folks on their web site is actually a sign brought by the pro-2A counter force. Any mention of this on the "Disarm Hate" FB page is swiftly deleted and the poster banned.