Author Topic: A Suggestion  (Read 857 times)

gerhard1

• View Profile
A Suggestion
« on: July 31, 2016, 06:21:16 PM »
Here is a suggestion: post places to shoot.  I'll start by telling you all that I have a pistol range in northern Oklahoma.  It is west of Ponca City and it might be someplace for those in Ponca or southern Kansas to come and practice.  I would be happy to have some of you to shoot at my place.

BuddhaFett

• Mando'ad draar digu aliit ori'shya tal'din.
    • View Profile
Re: A Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:10:43 AM »
I shoot in the mountains of SW MT.  I'm able to reach out to as far as I want which lets me push my long range game out farther and farther.
Quote from: James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

JohnB

• View Profile
Places to shoot in Maryland
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:14:34 PM »
There is a fairly complete list of ranges in Maryland in this thread on the MDShooters forum:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=9655

A nationwide list could be a valuable asset. Might be better in the Guns 'n Gear section with a clearer title.
Your vote is another cartridge in Liberty's rifle.

Douglas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »
You can go on the NRA website and do a search for places to shoot.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:11:11 PM »
You can go on the NRA website and do a search for places to shoot.
Mine is just that:  mine. I own the land and I set it up about five years ago and I go there to shoot whenever I can.  Matter of fact, I just had it sprayed for weeds today and I'm waiting for a good day to do a burn.  It is primarily a close-range set-up for pistols, but I also shoot high-powered rifles there as well.

The best part is that I own it, so no rules prohibiting draw from a holster like so many ranges have; also no one shot every fifteen seconds (or whatever) rules either.  Plus, I can get up as close to the targets as I want.

Your suggestion is a good one for those who don't live in my area, however.  I'm just letting those Pink Pistols members who live in my area know about my set-up.   I think it's really pretty good.

gerhard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 03:52:09 PM »
Here is an old picture of my range taken from another website.  It is even better now because some folks needed a place to get rid of some dirt, and they built the berm up even more.

JohnB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 12:52:08 PM »
Here is an old picture of my range taken from another website.  It is even better now because some folks needed a place to get rid of some dirt, and they built the berm up even more.

Very nice! Hoping to put something similar together, if my retirement plans and dreams come true.
Your vote is another cartridge in Liberty's rifle.